How to recover deleted emails from archive folder

Marie Patterson 20 Reputation points
2026-09-28T21:44:26.19+00:00

All my archived emails disappeared last weekend and I am unable to recover them. I selected the deleted email folder and proceeded with the "recover" option. I could access all recently deleted emails (last 30 days) except for the archived emails. None of those showed up. Suggestions?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Chloe-V 13,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-29T02:49:47.8633333+00:00

    Hi @Marie Patterson

    I’m sorry to hear that your archived emails have disappeared.

    To narrow this down, could you please confirm:

    • Are you using a personal Outlook.com/Hotmail account or a Microsoft 365 work/school account?
    • Which Outlook version are you using: Outlook on the web, new Outlook, classic Outlook, Mac, or mobile?
    • By “Archive,” do you mean the built-in Archive folder, an Online Archive mailbox, or a local .pst archive file?
    • Are the emails also missing when you check Outlook on the web?

    Once you share these details, I can provide the appropriate recovery steps.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.