I need manually reactivating Windows. I recently began seeing the “Activate Windows” message on my desktop even though this device has been activated for years.
In my Microsoft account’s device list, my PC now appears twice, showing two entries for the same hardware. This duplication seems to have occurred while I was trying to get device encryption working. Device encryption was never successfully enabled, but during troubleshooting my encryption keys were reset in the BIOS. After that reset, Windows began reporting that it was no longer activated.
My Windows license is a retail license, originally purchased many years ago (dating back to the XP era) and carried forward through multiple upgrades and several motherboard replacements over time. Despite these hardware changes, the license has always activated correctly until this recent issue.
I attempted to activate using the Installation ID, but I am not getting anywhere with the Product Activation Portal, and offline phone activation seems not to be supported. Therefore, I am unable to complete activation through normal methods. Please help.