An Azure platform as a service offer that is used to deploy web and cloud applications.
Azure Cloud Service VIP Swap Issue During Deployment — Traffic Not Moving to Target Deployment
Problem description
I am experiencing an issue during the VIP swap process in deploying my Azure Cloud Service (Extended Support) with web and worker roles. The swap becomes stuck before completion, and the traffic continues to remain on the existing Production deployment instead of shifting to the target deployment. The start time of the operation is approximately 20260926222414, and no explicit error message or code is available in the logs.
Environment
Azure Cloud Service (Extended Support) with web and worker roles, region not specified, deployment flow using staging and Production slots with VIP swap.
What I've already tried
I reviewed the initial troubleshooting steps, which did not include detailed role-instance status checks. I confirmed that the deployment and application code are consistent with a previous deployment that succeeded on another subscription. I also verified that the load balancer was created successfully and checked the activity logs, which show no errors. Additionally, I examined the health of role instances and they appear healthy, and no deployment updates or upgrades are currently in progress.
Current status
The VIP swap is still pending, and the target deployment has not been promoted to Production. I am seeking guidance on further troubleshooting steps or configurations needed to resolve the VIP swap failure.