My xbox privacy setting do not save.

Malte Westerdahl 0 Reputation points
2026-09-26T21:03:33.2266667+00:00

I have a problem with my xbox privacy settings that has been going on for a while now. Everytime i switch my settings it switches back to the old settings. I realised my account was in the United Kingdom and changed it to Sweden because i wasn't gonna do the age verification if i'm not even in a required country. Then when i tried to switch some xbox security settings it went from Friends -> Everybody, Then when i wen't out and in again from the menu it switched back to the old one. This problem is a serious issue, as now i cannot play games with certain features, plus if i pay for Grand Theft Auto VI and then it doesn't allow me to play because of settings that won't save. I have also realised that the only me setting on privacy saves but the everybody setting doesn't so theres clearly a problem with the coding on everybody option. My account has been in a family in the past.
1. My account is over 18
2. My account is in Swedish region where it does not require age verification
3. I can't play certain features in some games.

Please read this and fix it before the date of November 18th or tell me how i can make it so the settings ACTUALLY save.

Thank you.

(This does include every privacy setting that has the options "Only me", "Friends" and "Everybody".)

PS. I am not in a xbox family.
PS. I have now tried logging in on a new browser account with no cache and no cookies and it still did not save. Update 26-09-27: I have now tried to switch the settings on a diffrent account and they save perfectly. That account was in the Swedish region from the beginning. This means that there is probably a problem with being in a family and leaving it or switching from age verification regions to normal regions.

Windows for home | Other | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Carl-L 23,080 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-29T06:32:41.4533333+00:00

    Hello Malte Westerdahl,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Please understand that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to cover your personal information in the description. Please notice to hide these personal or organization information next time you post error or some information to protect personal data.

    Before we proceed, may I know if you have tried to add the account back to a family group and change the settings from a parent account instead? Also, can you please try to log in to https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live and let me know what it lead you to?

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.