Sharepoint Access Denied

Ashish Makani 0 Reputation points
2026-09-25T15:05:40.34+00:00

I had free trial access to Microsoft 365, which also included SharePoint access.

Everything was working fine until today, but now I’m suddenly unable to access my SharePoint account/site. I’m not sure what happened or why my access was removed.

URL i got when i try to access SharePoint -https:[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]/PolicyViolationThrottle.htm#1033

I had some important documents stored there that I really need to recover.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there any way to regain access or recover the files from SharePoint after access gets disabled?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lin v 1,545 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-25T15:31:38.2666667+00:00

    Hi Ashish,

    Based on the URL you provided (PolicyViolationThrottle.htm#1033), this does not appear to be a normal permissions issue. That page is typically shown when SharePoint Online or OneDrive access has been restricted at the service level due to policy enforcement, acceptable use concerns, or backend throttling actions applied to the tenant.

    If your Microsoft 365 trial has recently expired, it is also possible that service access has been affected by the trial status. However, only Microsoft support can confirm the exact reason for the restriction on your tenant.

    Since you mentioned that important documents are stored there, I recommend contacting Microsoft Support as soon as possible and providing:

    • The affected SharePoint URL
    • The approximate date and time when the issue started
    • Details of the Microsoft 365 trial subscription associated with the tenant

    If you still have access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, you can open a support request there. For reference: Get support for Microsoft 365 for business.

    If not, you may need to contact Microsoft Support directly via phone here (work account tab): Contact Microsoft customer support.

    If your subscription is from a partner or reseller, contact the reseller's support provider to help open a service request on behalf of you instead.

    I hope this information helps point you in the right direction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.