URGENT: Multiple Copilot Projects and Project Chats Missing After New Copilot Migration / Sync Issue

Jaana Roiha 10 Reputation points
2026-09-25T13:33:21.6033333+00:00

I am experiencing a serious issue with Microsoft Copilot Projects.

Multiple Projects have disappeared from my account and the entire Projects section is no longer visible in the Copilot interface.

The issue is present across multiple devices, so this does not appear to be a browser, cache, or local computer problem.

My regular chat history is still visible, but multiple Projects and dozens of associated Project chats are no longer accessible.

These Projects contain approximately six months of accumulated work, including project planning, workflows, documentation, architecture discussions, automation planning, and business-critical development work.

I have found reports from other users describing similar issues involving the new Copilot experience, where Projects and Project Chats appear to have failed during migration or synchronization.

I would like Microsoft to investigate whether my account has been affected by a Project migration or synchronization issue.

Questions:

  1. Does the missing Project data still exist on Microsoft's servers?
  2. Is this a known migration or synchronization issue?
  3. Can missing Projects and Project Chats be restored?
  4. Is there a way to force a resynchronization without risking data loss?
  5. Has Microsoft published any guidance regarding Projects disappearing after migration to the new Copilot experience?

Because the missing Projects contain several months of accumulated work, I am requesting urgent investigation and clarification regarding the status of the data.

Thank you.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Christopher Lovine 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-04T23:55:49.5233333+00:00

    This should not be discounted or ignored.

    All of my Projects migrated and synchronized with Notebooks. However, within the past 24 hours, several of my Notebooks have vanished. At least 5 major research projects are gone. I have reported this to Microsoft.

    Prior to this, Copilot was failing to generate and deliver Pages. At first, it would draft as Markdown in the response window, then it would print the formatted text in the response window -- without ever generating the requested Page. Now it no longer even does that. Instead, Copilot declares that the Page was successfully generated and delivered without the Page ever appearing in Library or within the Notebook.

    So, the OP is not alone. There is a legitimate regression occurring with Copilot right now. I have no idea how many users it affects. It may only affect a subset.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Francisco Rodriguez 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-30T23:35:51.87+00:00

    Hello, I had the same problem. I found mine under notebooks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.