Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My issue is that at any given moment the Read aloud function will either completely cut out or worse auto switch to a robotic voice that’s unlistenable.
The only remedy to this is hard shutting off the app, keyword searching where you were and turning it back on. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, using incognito, using the dedicated “immersive reader” (Sidenote: am I missing something or does that options really do nothing other than limit your capacity to navigate the app?), I’ve even looked to see if anything was in the Flags to try turning on… there isn’t and this has been going on since I was made aware of the feature. At the very least could you incorporate a quick copy option that uses the same process that the immersive reader uses to determine whatever content the article is on the page that just copies that content so it can be pasted easily into a functional TTS externally.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on iOS
Welcome Alex Hope,
I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when Read Aloud stops unexpectedly or switches to a lower-quality voice in the middle of listening.
Since you have already tried reinstalling Edge, clearing the cache, using InPrivate mode, and testing Immersive Reader, I would like to narrow down the cause a bit further:
As a quick test, please try the following:
If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.