Lost my Group Me access---need to update old email address to current

Tommy Greene 0 Reputation points
2026-09-24T15:59:31.37+00:00

I am active in Group Me with 2 groups---I did something and lost access. It asks me to reset password but I can't--it goes to an old email address: [PII Removed]. I would like it updated to [PII Removed]. My phone number is [PII Removed]

GroupMe | Chat group
GroupMe | Chat group

A customizable group messaging space within the GroupMe app, designed for seamless communication among friends, classmates, teams, or communities.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Alex-L 12,990 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-27T06:44:33.08+00:00

    Hi Tommy Greene

    Because this is a public forum, no one here can update your GroupMe account or change the email address on your behalf.

    If password resets are being sent to your old Yahoo address and you no longer have access to that mailbox, your options are:

    1. Try to recover the old Yahoo account first, if possible.
    2. Attempt to sign in to GroupMe using your phone number if it is still linked to the account.
    3. Contact GroupMe Support directly and provide:
      • Your current phone number
      • The old email address associated with the account
      • The new email address you want to use
      • The names of the groups you belong to, if requested for verification

    Microsoft guidance for similar cases is to contact GroupMe Support when you no longer have access to the email needed for password recovery and ask them to verify ownership using your phone number and account details.

    For privacy, I'll remove your email addresses and phone number from this public post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.