Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games not letting me sign in

Bella Puente 50 Reputation points
2026-09-24T05:02:01.8933333+00:00

I've been playing this game signed into my xbox account every day for months. Today, on the day of the spider adventure, it decides that I can't log in. It gives me an error code of 0x8004a97e. I've been looking forward to the spider adventure event for weeks, it sounds sad but looking forward to this event has been one of the only things that has kept me going recently. I'm super bummed that it won't let me play the event in my account. I am a premium member and the ads are super frustrating. Spider adventures happen so rarely and it's my favorite game mode.

Things I've done:

  • Went into the app settings to repair the app
  • Went into the app settings to reset the app
  • Reset my time sync on my PC
  • Restarted my PC
  • Let time pass
  • Launch a different casual games launcher

I am already logged into my Xbox account of the Microsoft store no problem and I'm logged in on my xbox app. I don't have any TOS or security things to do. The day is almost over. All I wanted to do was the spider adventure. Spider solitaire keeps me going, I'm not even trying to be dramatic. I've just been struggling so much and this game is all I've been looking forward to. What do I do?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

11 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. ALAN ALFREDO SAITO 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T18:06:55.2833333+00:00

    tambien el mismo problema , ya hace varuas horas que quiero abrir efotball 2027 en mi pc y no hay caso , da ese error

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. utkarsh yadav 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T16:09:08.4633333+00:00

    Facing the problem for 16 hours ,know in my efootball account which is connected to xbox live ,and it's really frustrating ,have done every possible thing microsoft ai ,chatgpt , gemini has said ,and I have got nothing ,when will this problem solve ,any human to reply

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. SFS777 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T15:14:42.9566667+00:00

    I note that whilst its happening for me in multiple games, some PC Game Pass games are working.

    For example, it fails for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Microsoft Mahjong but for same Vampire Survivors where it doesn't need to sign in to your account, it still plays fine.

    For me the failure is occurring when Windows tries to enumerate the accounts available to Xbox authentication, and the AAD/Web Account Manager broker returns 0x80070005 Access is denied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  4. NauttiBoy 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T13:58:51.9133333+00:00

    Is there ANY from Microsoft that is ACTUALLY going to answer??? Your AI response is, AS USUAL........ USELESS!!!

    Can sign in on my desktop, but on my surface AND ROG Ally X are giving me the same garbage error (0x8004a97e)

    An error, for the record, that your "AI" has no clue about!!!!

    Come one Microsoft..... how about SOMEONE do their job and respond.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.

  5. EKrause 10 Reputation points
    2026-09-24T07:12:22.8766667+00:00

    Hi @Bella Puente

    I have the exact same problem, but only on my Windows 10 PC.

    Logging into the Microsoft Solitaire Collection works perfectly fine on my Windows 11 machine.

    I've experienced this occasionally in the past, but it almost always resolved itself eventually, so I still don't know exactly what the cause is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.