My Chrome updated last night and now contacts won't autofill and I don't see them anywhere

Nicky Seymour 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T19:38:59.4933333+00:00

I have spent about 3 hours on my own, My personal Hotmail website is hit by a backend server glitch. My custom mailing lists and contacts have vanished from the cloud interface entirely. I need a backend technician to force a profile sync refresh on my account. I don't understand... I need help getting this back. I don't have half of these emails anymore and if they are gone I am screwed.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Chloe-V 13,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-23T02:47:28.94+00:00

    Hi @Nicky Seymour

    I’m sorry you’ve spent so much time dealing with this. I understand how disruptive it is to suddenly lose access to your contacts, custom contact lists, address suggestions, and email search.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    Since this is a personal Hotmail/Outlook.com account, please first open People > Deleted and check whether the missing contacts or contact lists can be restored. If they are not listed, select Recover deleted and check again.

    Please also test Outlook.com in an InPrivate or Incognito window, or in another browser. If the contacts and search are still missing, the issue may need to be investigated at the account level rather than as a Chrome autofill problem.

    If the issue persists, please submit a report through the Microsoft Outlook Feedback Portal.

    When submitting your report, please describe all the affected features, including the missing contacts and custom contact lists, unavailable address suggestions, and email search problem.

    Thank you for your understanding. 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.