Azure for Students: Unable to Confirm University ID

Yendry Mora Cordero 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T17:10:13.11+00:00

Hello,

I am an active university student in Costa Rica and I am trying to activate Azure for Students through the Microsoft Azure offer included in the GitHub Student Developer Pack.

My GitHub Education account has already been approved and I have access to the Student Developer Pack. My university email is verified in GitHub and is configured as my primary email address.

However, when I click the Microsoft Azure offer in the GitHub Student Developer Pack, I am redirected to the Azure Academic Verification page.

The problem is that my university, Universidad Central, Costa Rica, is not recognized in the "School name" field. When I enter the university name, the field does not provide a matching institution and the information is cleared. I then receive the error:

"Unable to confirm your University ID."

I have already tried:

  • Using my verified university email.
  • Setting my university email as the primary email in GitHub.
  • Accessing Azure through the GitHub Student Developer Pack.
  • Using Chrome Incognito.
  • Using Microsoft Edge/InPrivate.
  • Signing out of other Microsoft accounts.
  • Using the Azure Student Verification page directly.

The GitHub Student Developer Pack shows the Microsoft Azure offer, but I cannot complete the Azure academic verification.

Could you please verify whether Universidad Central, Costa Rica and its academic email domain are supported for Azure for Students, and advise how I can complete the verification?

I can provide proof of current enrollment through an appropriate secure support channel if required.

Thank you.

Azure | Azure Training
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-09-22T17:10:36.97+00:00

    Azure for Students eligibility requires verification through an institution email address and is limited to students at accredited, degree-granting two-year or four-year institutions. The available documentation does not provide a public list of supported universities or domains, so support for Universidad Central, Costa Rica or its academic domain cannot be confirmed here.

    Based on the documented guidance and similar resolved cases, the practical next step is to create an Azure support request for subscription or academic verification review.

    Recommended path:

    1. Confirm eligibility requirements:
      • Full-time student at an accredited, degree-granting institution.
      • Academic status verified through the institution email address.
    2. If the university name or domain is not recognized and the portal returns "Unable to confirm your University ID", create a support request in Azure:
      • Open Azure portal.
      • Go to Help + Support.
      • Select Create a support request.
      • In Support + Troubleshooting, search for subscription management.
      • Select it and continue with Next.
      • Choose the subscription if prompted.
      • If suggested fixes do not apply, scroll down to Contact Support.
      • Select Create a support request and continue.
    3. In the support request, include:
      • The exact error: "Unable to confirm your University ID".
      • That the Azure offer was accessed through the GitHub Student Developer Pack.
      • That the academic email is verified and already set as primary.
      • That browser cache, incognito/InPrivate, and sign-out tests were already tried.
    4. If the issue is specifically with Azure Dev Tools for Teaching sign-in rather than Azure for Students activation, students must have a Microsoft account. If the academic email is not already linked to a Microsoft account, either:
      • create a Microsoft account with the university email address, or
      • add the university email as an alias to an existing Microsoft account from account.microsoft.com under Your info > Manage how you sign in to Microsoft > Add email.

    The available guidance also indicates that when an email domain is not recognized for Azure for Students, Microsoft Support is the escalation path for manual review.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.