Hi,
Thank you for the information.
I have one additional concern regarding the recommendation to install Xcode 26.6.
My development machine is already running macOS 27 (Golden Gate), and I have removed Xcode 26.6.
As I understand it, Xcode 26.6 requires macOS Tahoe 26.2 or later, while Xcode 26 does not run on macOS 27 (Golden Gate).
Therefore, installing Xcode 26.6 does not appear to be a viable option for my current environment.
My current environment is:
Xcode: 27.0
.NET SDK: 10.0.401
.NET iOS workload: 26.5.10318
IDE: JetBrains Rider
Project: .NET MAUI
The current workload gives me the following error:
“This version of .NET for iOS (26.5.10318) requires Xcode 26.6. The current version of Xcode is 27.0. Either install Xcode 26.6, or use a different version of .NET for iOS.”
I also noticed that the .NET for iOS releases contain a preview build for Xcode 27:
.NET 10 – Xcode 27.0 Beta 6 support (27.0.10539-xcode27.0)
However, the release notes indicate that this build requires Xcode 27.0 Beta 6.
Since I am now using the final Xcode 27.0 on macOS 27 Golden Gate, could someone please clarify:
Is there a .NET 10 iOS workload that officially supports the final Xcode 27.0?
Can the 27.0.10539-xcode27.0 preview workload be used with the final Xcode 27.0?
If not, is there another preview/nightly workload that supports the final Xcode 27.0?
What is the recommended solution for developers who are already on macOS 27 Golden Gate, where Xcode 26.x cannot be used?
Is there an expected timeline for the stable .NET 10 iOS workload supporting Xcode 27.0?
I cannot simply switch back to Xcode 26.6 without also changing the macOS environment, so I would like to understand the supported migration path for developers who have already moved to macOS 27.
Any guidance from the .NET iOS/MAUI team would be greatly appreciated.Hi,
Thank you for the information.
I have one additional concern regarding the recommendation to install Xcode 26.6.
My development machine is already running macOS 27 (Golden Gate), and I have removed Xcode 26.6.
As I understand it, Xcode 26.6 requires macOS Tahoe 26.2 or later, while Xcode 26 does not run on macOS 27 (Golden Gate).
Therefore, installing Xcode 26.6 does not appear to be a viable option for my current environment.
My current environment is:
macOS: 27 (Golden Gate)
Xcode: 27.0
.NET SDK: 10.0.401
.NET iOS workload: 26.5.10318
IDE: JetBrains Rider
Project: .NET MAUI
The current workload gives me the following error:
“This version of .NET for iOS (26.5.10318) requires Xcode 26.6. The current version of Xcode is 27.0. Either install Xcode 26.6, or use a different version of .NET for iOS.”
I also noticed that the .NET for iOS releases contain a preview build for Xcode 27:
.NET 10 – Xcode 27.0 Beta 6 support (27.0.10539-xcode27.0)
However, the release notes indicate that this build requires Xcode 27.0 Beta 6.
Since I am now using the final Xcode 27.0 on macOS 27 Golden Gate, could someone please clarify:
Is there a .NET 10 iOS workload that officially supports the final Xcode 27.0?
Can the 27.0.10539-xcode27.0 preview workload be used with the final Xcode 27.0?
If not, is there another preview/nightly workload that supports the final Xcode 27.0?
What is the recommended solution for developers who are already on macOS 27 Golden Gate, where Xcode 26.x cannot be used?
Is there an expected timeline for the stable .NET 10 iOS workload supporting Xcode 27.0?
I cannot simply switch back to Xcode 26.6 without also changing the macOS environment, so I would like to understand the supported migration path for developers who have already moved to macOS 27.
Any guidance from the .NET iOS/MAUI team would be greatly appreciated.