Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, currently Edge devTools getting [Violation] Permissions policy violation: unload is not allowed in this document.
I have tried to figure out, it come from ScriptResource
is it because of the deprecating the unload event? Any suggestion on it?
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Hello Sue Faye,
Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.
Yes, based on your photos, this likely comes from the decrepitation of unload event. As I see, MicrosoftAjax.js is attempting an unload event which is blocked. Also, this is an action from the Chromium core, so it should be applied to all users using this, not just Edge,
If you are just watching the code and the website is still function normally, I'd suggest let it be, this just act as a simple warning. However, if you are controlling the code, I'd suggest remove the dependencies from window.addEventListener("unload", ...) and find a replacement, depends on what the handler do.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.