Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Lately, whenever I select the Home icon, the New tab title shows as the previous page title instead of New tab. I am using a Surface Go 2, Win11 Pro. It appears to be touch-experience related as my HP laptop w/ Win11 Home does not exhibit the issue.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 11
I see. Since it is confirmed to be a bug, we can only hope that future updates would resolve this. I suggest you submit your feedback here as well so others can upvote it.
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/b8da43d5-ef1b-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472
This is a bug with Edge that has been there for a while now. It's still not fixed even in the latest Canary build.
All you can do is send feedback via alt + shift + I and wait for it to be fixed.
Hi,
That is unusual. Have you tried testing it in a different Edge profile to see if you get the same behavior? To do this, click the Profile icon, then select Set up a new profile > Personal. Once you're in the new profile, check if the same issue occurs.
If the issue also happens in the new profile, it is likely a bug, so I suggest reporting it through > Help and feedback > Send feedback. If the issue doesn't occur there, the old profile may be corrupted. In that case, you can switch to the new profile by signing out of your account under Settings > Profiles from the old profile then signing in to the new one.