Edge Home Tab keeps prior webpage Title

Don ‪B 60 Reputation points
2026-09-13T01:00:36.9+00:00

Lately, whenever I select the Home icon, the New tab title shows as the previous page title instead of New tab. I am using a Surface Go 2, Win11 Pro. It appears to be touch-experience related as my HP laptop w/ Win11 Home does not exhibit the issue.

Screenshot (167) b

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Paulo GM 72,675 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-13T07:59:11.27+00:00

I see. Since it is confirmed to be a bug, we can only hope that future updates would resolve this. I suggest you submit your feedback here as well so others can upvote it.

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/b8da43d5-ef1b-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
_AW_ 69,816 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2026-09-13T05:19:33.17+00:00

This is a bug with Edge that has been there for a while now. It's still not fixed even in the latest Canary build.

All you can do is send feedback via alt + shift + I and wait for it to be fixed.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Don ‪B 60 Reputation points
    2026-09-23T03:45:36.4233333+00:00

    Canary did not fix it either, but for who knows what reason, I decided to disable Preload your new tab page, and it's been working so far so good except it takes 1s to load the new page VS instantaneously.

    Screenshot (27)

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.