Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I open my banking app, I get a popup " secure.cibc.com wants to access other apps and services on this device" on my windows 11 pc using microsoft edge.
This scares me & I want it gone. How?
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Hi,
From what I can tell, it seems to be checking which other apps are installed on your computer to make sure none of them are a security threat. I checked the settings, and only one setting appears to have changed. You can simply click Block, if you like.
A few more details are here explained well by the other CIBC users:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CIBC/comments/1vfp0rd/cibc_web_portal_wants_to_access_other_apps_and/
Standard 3rd party link disclaimer:
There may be links to non-Microsoft websites that provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on websites frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers, as they sometimes do more harm than good.
This happens when the site tries to open a local app or security handler on your PC.
Here is how to stop it:
Change Edge settings Go to Settings > Cookies and site permissions > scroll down to Application links (or Protocol handlers) > set secure.cibc.com to Block.
Block site permissions While on secure.cibc.com, click the padlock icon in the address bar > Permissions for this site > set application/protocol access to Block.
Clear cookies Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete, clear cookies and cache for the site, then restart Edge.