why does the new copilot have a daily chat limit?

john bryla 100 Reputation points
2026-09-08T04:14:58.55+00:00

I've been using copilot for the past year and recently the copilot version changed and now i noticed a time limit for my chats which interferes with my daily and evening computer work not good as i was relying on copilot for my lab work . "You have reached your daily chat limit" *john bryla

Microsoft Copilot | Other

21 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Caryn Williams 10 Reputation points
    2026-09-25T15:09:53.8833333+00:00

    One question yesterday and immediately cut off due to over my limit with no answer. Got on at 2:30 am this morning just to check and had a lovely chat for 5 comments, no research, links, or pictures and on the fifth comment without an answer I was put back in time out until 5:00 pm today. Fortunately Gemini was able to help finish my project and we worked from 5:00 pm until 2:00 am, after one comment at 5:00 pm to Copilot put me back in timeout. Microsoft do better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.

  2. danny jeuris 15 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T20:23:13.2866667+00:00

    Seems there is no logic to the limit at all. Testing daily: one day you can ask 4 questions, the other 1, then 2, ... sometimes nothing just a daily limit when you open the chat; typical Microsoft work.

    The one that comes with an OS without all that corporate bullshit will kill Microsoft. They work sloppy last decade.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

  3. RS 10 Reputation points
    2026-09-29T05:52:30.15+00:00

    I've been running about a year long comparison of CoPilot, Gemini and OpenUI AIs. Even though I like the term Artificial Idiot, running the same questions between the AI's has been interesting. Now, the 09/2026 Downgraded Experience of CoPilot has turned it to be completely infuriating, irritating and useless. Once I would talk through technical problems so long it would tell me "CoPilot doesn't need sleep, you do. Take a break" (or something like that). I barely get 10 interactions and it cuts me off with a daily chat limit. Effectively USELESS to me now. I would gladly pay for a bit of AI, but I want only AI, not the 365 suite that I won't use. So, this "Experience" with CoPilots failed upgrade is a perfect push to get me to try Claude or Gemini. Very much a similar experience as Windows 11 really pushed me to test all of the Linux Distros. Good job Micro$oft. Way to run off everyone. This is the year of "Gotchya hooked!" with the freebies --- now we're cutting you off and making you pay, more. They did the same with XBOX.com/play online gaming.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.

  4. René Schulz 20 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T15:34:29.3966667+00:00

    Ich denke zum Monatsbeginn wird beim kostenlosen Konto, das Limit zurückgesetzt? Davon merke ich nichts, da Limit heute schon erreicht ist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    2 deleted comments

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.