I have a personal Microsoft 365 Account that I do not see and I can't reach a live person to get it fixed

Earl Leatherland 0 Reputation points
2026-09-07T18:34:44.18+00:00

I am being billed for a Microsoft 365 Family account that is old. I can't even find what email account it was associated with. But Microsoft will bill me again in 3 days if I can't find it. I can't get a live person on the phone. No matter what I try. I need assistance from someone. I don't know where else to turn.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Carl-L 23,080 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-10T06:59:39.18+00:00

    Hello Earl Leatherland,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas. Microsoft usually don't have phone support for this. However, you can use this method to see if you can reach chat support.

    • Type Live chat in the search box. 
    • Now click Get help, and Select Contact Support or Sign in to contact support below. 
    • Go to the Products and services tab, and choose Other products
    • On the Category tab, choose Billing and Account Profile questions 
    • Go to Confirm. 
    • You can now choose the option of Chat with a support agent on your web browser. 

     Thank you for your understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-09-07T18:35:01.2833333+00:00

    Use Microsoft’s account and support flows in this order:

    1. Try the sign-in recovery tool first.
      • If the old Microsoft 365 Family subscription is tied to an account that is no longer remembered, use the guided Can’t sign in tool or Sign-in Helper.
      • These tools ask for the email address or mobile phone number being used and check for account problems.
      • Start here:
    2. Check the Microsoft account services page with any personal Microsoft accounts that might have been used.
      • Sign in to the services page and look for the subscription under Services & subscriptions:
    3. If the charge does not appear on any Microsoft account that can be accessed, contact Microsoft Support through the support entry point.
      • Go to Get Help on the web or Contact Microsoft Support.
      • Enter the problem and select Get Help.
      • If self-help does not resolve it, select Contact Support to be routed to the best support option, which may include chat or a call request.
    4. If the billing charge cannot be matched to any Microsoft account, treat it as a possible unauthorized charge.
      • In that case, contact the credit card company to open a dispute case.
      • The accepted guidance in similar cases states that Microsoft billing support cannot directly investigate charges tied to someone else’s account, but Microsoft can respond through the card dispute process.

    Important:

    • Microsoft support agents are not allowed to send password reset links or access and change account details.
    • Support options vary by product and whether the account is personal or work-related.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.