E-mails sendt from my company always go to SPAM in Outlook and Hotmail :-(

Lars-Erik Østerud 45 Reputation points
2026-09-02T00:18:53.96+00:00

I have a small DJ business, and registered a new domain for the company: "dj-leo.no"

The domain has not been used for anything illegal or for spamming or any such thing.
The DMARC, SPF and DKIM records are set up correctly and validated several places.

Still my customers don't get my mails until I ask them to check their SPAM box :-(

So WHY is Microsoft sabotaging my business by trashing all my e-mails?
And of course there is no place to complain about this. What should I do?

Is there anything more I can do? Any message headers that I can add, to make them understand it is a legitimate mail, or anything else, signature, words in the title etc that could affect filters?

Does the e-mail "sender" affect this. Is "post" a bad name to use left of the "@".
Is it better to use a name (like "leo" or "lars-erik") or anything other than "post"?

PS! Google (gmail) also marks the messages as SPAM sometimes, but not as often.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-02T00:56:35.0266667+00:00

    Hello,

    Any chance you can go into a Hotmail/Outlook account and get the internet message header for one of the affected emails? See the instructions here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/view-internet-message-headers-in-outlook

    Then share the header here. Before posting it, please edit out any email addresses or other personal information to protect your privacy and others'.

    Without the header data, there really isn't a way for anyone to tell you for sure why your emails were flagged. I don't want to just give you the usual generic boilerplate list of possible causes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.