Advanced system utilities to manage, troubleshoot, and diagnose Windows and Linux systems and applications.
Today I updated from 2.90 to 3.21 and ran into lots of credential and cert issues that I never had in 2.90.
I spent basically all day troubleshooting with copilot and eventually narrowed it down to the fact that freshly-created servers worked fine (though wouldn't use my saved credentials), while servers loaded from an RDG file threw cert errors (specifically "server name doesn't match name in cert", and "cert auth not trusted"). Everything pointed to some change in the RDP stack, which happened to be applied to RDG-loaded servers, but not freshly-created servers for some reason.
I went looking to see if there happened to be a newer version, or a changelog or something. Took me forever poking through various blogs and doc sites to find this forum.
Anyway, after reading this thread I tried the -mstsc flag and it instantly fixed all my problems. Admittedly I am not well versed in this stuff, but what exactly happened here? Why the tectonic shift? And why would freshly-created servers be treated differently than RDG-loaded servers? That discrepancy alone was an insane goose chase.
P.S. Another issue I noticed is that when not using -mstsc there is no longer a Log off server option in the context menu for servers. Is that intentional?