I am unable to open my ****@hotmail.com account.

J. Martin Walsh 0 Reputation points
2026-08-17T18:25:57.2566667+00:00

I did not use my password to open my (PII removed ****@hotmail account), all the time that I used it. One day, a couple of months ago, a Microsoft update request a passkey update and would not allow me to open the email account. I only use the hotmail account for Amazon emails when I purchase or return items. I have submitted the Microsoft recovery forms, numerous times and have been advised to open the account. I CAN'T OPEN THE ACOUNT BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW THE PASSWORD. I vaguely remember setting up the account and the password was provided. Since the Microsoft update, my password manager was deleted. So now I'm needing help to renew the password and reactivate the account. That is the HELP I need. The AI is not working for my support. Please help with a live chat or phone call.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Darhyl Amizola 50,090 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-08-18T19:00:31.29+00:00

    Hi there! I can see here that you still require further assistance. Is there anything else that I can help you with?

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Darhyl Amizola 50,090 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-08-17T19:26:28.51+00:00

    Hey there! Nice to meet you!

    If you do not have any linked verification methods for a password reset, I'm afraid the only way to recover/verify the account is through the account recovery web form: https://account.live.com/acsr

    Important: If you have an active 2FA, ACSR will inform you that your recovery request will be ignored. If you only receive a message that the recovery request is either successful or indicates insufficient information, this means that 2FA is disabled.

    You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft, and you can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

    If your Microsoft account recovery request was not granted, please review this link for tips on improving your chances of a successful recovery: https://support.microsoft.com/office/dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53

    Please be advised that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.