My Xbox Gift Card redeemed through Microsoft Rewards but Robux for Xbox cannot be delivered to my Roblox Account which is linked

Bibha Rajeev 0 Reputation points
2026-08-17T03:43:46.41+00:00

I redeemed a $10 Xbox Gift Card today using Microsoft Rewards points. I used the balance to purchase 800 Robux for Xbox.

I do not own an Xbox console, so the Robux cannot be delivered to my Roblox account. Roblox Support told me they cannot fix it because the purchase was made through Xbox.

I tried requesting a refund through the Xbox refund page, but it was automatically denied. I also tried contacting Xbox Support, but the automated system said no agents were available.

I need help from Microsoft Rewards or Microsoft Billing to undo the Xbox purchase or reverse the redemption, because the digital item is undeliverable and cannot be used.

Can this purchase be reversed or reviewed manually?

Moved from <Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Windows>

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lychee-Ng 28,915 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-08-17T08:52:37.9566667+00:00

    Hi Bibha Rajeev,

    I can understand how frustrating it is to redeem Microsoft Rewards points for a $10 Xbox Gift Card, which purchased into 800 Robux, and then discovered you cannot actually do anything with it because you do not own an Xbox console. On top of that, Roblox Support already said they couldn't help and denied your refund request.

    I can guide you to the Rewards and Microsoft Billing support teams, but I must be realistic with you here: Due to Microsoft Rewards' terms of service, once points have been redeemed and used to make a purchase, reversals are normally not accepted. Still, because the item appears unusable, you can try requesting a manual review:

    1. Go to the https://rewards.bing.com/support and submit a request explaining your situation.
    2. Reaching out to Contact Us - Microsoft Support > sign into your Microsoft account.
    3. Type Billing > click Get Help then scroll down and click Contact Support
    4. Select Billing... category and continue > select the chat option.

    Note: The support contact team only works at certain times, so if the last window shows that it's unavailable, try opening it again the next day. If you prefer phone support, you can leave a phone number. This way, they can call you and help you.  

    I'm sorry for not being able to give you better help in this situation, but we on Microsoft Q&A are limited to technical troubleshooting. In addition, refunds for a redeemed and purchased gift are often not approved. If the billing team also refuses your request after review, there's unfortunately no further escalation path available.

    I know this is not something you're hoping for, but I'd rather be truthful so you can have correct expectations than false hopes. For future, research on the availability of the services/products carefully before making any payments.


    If you think the answer is helpful to you, please mark this as accepted. If you have extra questions about this answer, feel free to click "Add Comment" and ask!

    Note: Follow the steps in our documentation if you want to enable and receive the related email notifications for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.