How to find Office 365 version that is compatible with my MAC OS 12.7.6

Jim Nicolls 0 Reputation points
2026-08-08T00:41:00.24+00:00

I paid for and downloaded update subscription for Office 365, after downloading it I learned that this version of Office 365 requires MAC OS 14 of later. My MAC is cannot be upgraded to OS 14. Can I download an older version of Office 365 that is compatible with my MAC?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-08-08T01:14:12.54+00:00

    What exact macOS version are you running?

    Did you purchase/set up Microsoft 365 directly through microsoft or through the Apple App Store?

    If your macOS is below version 12 (Monterey), updating Office won't fix this, since Microsoft requires macOS 12+ as of a licensing change from July 13, 2026, and no version can work around that on an older Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.