A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
hi error 0xc0000142 usually indicates that microsoft office files or windows system files or windows system files are corrupted.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am using windows.Microsoft word and excel do not open.i get the error '' The application was unable to start correctly(0xc0000142).i have restarted my Pc,but the problems is still there.please help me fix this issue.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
hi error 0xc0000142 usually indicates that microsoft office files or windows system files or windows system files are corrupted.
Hi, good day!
To narrow down the cause, I'd ask these questions first
Which version of Windows are you using (Windows 10 or Windows 11)?
Please try to open Word or Excel in Safe Mode
Press Windows + R to open Run then type:
winword /safe
press Enter.
Then repeat with excel /safe.
Let me know if either application opens
If the issue persists, try to run an Online Repair
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/lifecycle/repair-an-office-application
I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.