A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Hi, good day!
To narrow down the cause, I'd ask these questions first
Which version of Windows are you using (Windows 10 or Windows 11)?
- Are you using Microsoft 365, Office 2021, Office 2019, or another version of Office?
- Does the error occur only with Word and Excel, or do other Office apps like PowerPoint or Outlook also fail to open?
Please try to open Word or Excel in Safe Mode
Press Windows + R to open Run then type:
winword /safe
press Enter.
Then repeat with excel /safe.
Let me know if either application opens
If the issue persists, try to run an Online Repair
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/lifecycle/repair-an-office-application
I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.