How to disable "Rounded Corners" around browser web content in the latest Microsoft Edge update?

hirun 135 Reputation points
2026-06-06T17:38:14.34+00:00

Hi,

As shown in the attached screenshot, the latest Edge update (Version 149.0.4022.52) has forced a white border/rounded corners around the browser window.

This UI element is very distracting. I have checked both Settings > Appearance and edge://flags, but the option to disable "rounded corners" has been completely removed from my version.

Questions:

Is there a Registry key to disable this border?

Why was the toggle removed from the settings?

Please provide a way to get back the square, edge-to-edge view. I want the web content to touch the browser edges like before.

Thank you.Screenshot 2026-06-07 003113

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

13 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Shanjei Guna 5 Reputation points
    2026-06-21T16:20:10.23+00:00

    I just don't care anymore. Switching to Brave or something if I don't get an option to disable this. like what gives??

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.

  2. Đức Đỗ 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-21T15:37:04.9133333+00:00

    I have also made a script to disable rounded on Ubuntu Desktop, give it a try. If any issue happen, just pull me a request.
    https://github.com/Duc42195/Disable-Edge-rounded-Ubuntu

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Heku 70 Reputation points
    2026-06-15T13:57:43.54+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Gabriel Freitas 40 Reputation points
    2026-06-10T17:54:37.5+00:00

    I'm switching back to Google Chrome right now, just because of this. I absolutely hate this rounded corners feature with all my heart. And I don’t like being forced to accept things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Paulo GM 72,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-06-10T16:13:27.6866667+00:00

    Update: Version 149.0.4022.62 appears to have removed the rounded borders. Try checking for updates and see if the issue is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.