How to disable "Rounded Corners" around browser web content in the latest Microsoft Edge update?

hirun 135 Reputation points
2026-06-06T17:38:14.34+00:00

Hi,

As shown in the attached screenshot, the latest Edge update (Version 149.0.4022.52) has forced a white border/rounded corners around the browser window.

This UI element is very distracting. I have checked both Settings > Appearance and edge://flags, but the option to disable "rounded corners" has been completely removed from my version.

Questions:

Is there a Registry key to disable this border?

Why was the toggle removed from the settings?

Please provide a way to get back the square, edge-to-edge view. I want the web content to touch the browser edges like before.

Thank you.Screenshot 2026-06-07 003113

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

13 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Martin Suchan 10 Reputation points
    2026-06-26T20:45:28.88+00:00

    These rounded corners are absolutely triggering my OCD. I want to see full page content, period. Not some UI overlay corners!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Shanjei Guna 5 Reputation points
    2026-06-21T16:20:10.23+00:00

    I just don't care anymore. Switching to Brave or something if I don't get an option to disable this. like what gives??

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.

  3. Paulo GM 72,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-06-10T16:13:27.6866667+00:00

    Update: Version 149.0.4022.62 appears to have removed the rounded borders. Try checking for updates and see if the issue is resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.

  4. William Vignoli 55 Reputation points
    2026-09-01T02:39:36.1466667+00:00

    3 months later and nothing

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Đức Đỗ 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-21T15:37:04.9133333+00:00

    I have also made a script to disable rounded on Ubuntu Desktop, give it a try. If any issue happen, just pull me a request.
    https://github.com/Duc42195/Disable-Edge-rounded-Ubuntu

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.