Office 365 Desktop Apps (Excel, PowerPoint) Unable to Install Any Add-ins

Pesik 0 Reputation points
2026-06-01T02:05:47.8133333+00:00

Excel is not letting me download any add-ins, neither is PowerPoint. Every time I try to download any add-ins from the app, it just gives me an error that it's unable to download. These are two screenshots of the errors I get when I try to download any add-in.

“ Error loading add-ins, One or more add-ins failed to load. See your add-ins. ”

“ You don’t have permission to use this add-in. Contact your system administrator to request access. ”

User's imageUser's image

It is a 365 personal family account.

  • Add-ins work on the web version, just not on my local PC/APP. it also works on my daughters computer (who is on the family account) it just doesn't work on my PC
  • I am the administrator and made no restriction to limit add-ins
  • I have gone through all the regular troubleshooting steps.
    • I have tried repair windows (both Quick and online)
    • I have completely uninstalled and fully reinstalled Office.
    • I have tried editing registry.
    • I have tried deleting cache information
  • Additional context i used to have my university email/account (that ran on outlook and had its own Office suite) on along with my personal outlook (both were logged in prior), i have removed every trace of the university account from my PC (that im aware off)- still did nothing

i have spent 6 hours on this and come to a dead end, can anyone help with this please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 270.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-06-01T02:39:44.2733333+00:00

    Hello,

    I believe this may be a widespread issue. I am seeing reports from users in different locales experiencing the same problem. It seems to affect add-ins in general when using the desktop version of the app.

    I am experiencing the same issue on my end as well. I have not found any official Microsoft announcement about this yet, but at this point, it does not appear to be something you can fix locally. We may need to wait for Microsoft to address it on their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.