Why is Amazon appearing on my taskbar?

Darciukas 21 Reputation points
2026-05-28T06:03:59.44+00:00

User's image

This week an Amazon icon started appearing in my taskbar, pressing it just opens an amazon.de tab in Edge. How do I stop amazon from appearing in my taskbar?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar

7 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Paulo GM 72,760 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-05-28T07:33:30.8433333+00:00

    I see. Does the icon appear again? If it does, do not close it so we can check if it is possible to locate it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. TruNotwen 0 Reputation points
    2026-06-11T04:17:26.82+00:00

    I'm inclined to believe that this is something windows/edge is forcing on users, because I've recently started having Amazon randomly pop up as well on Edge. It shows up exactly how its shown in your picture.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.