Shared mailbox not showing all emails in Classic Outlook only

Opeyemi Owolabi 20 Reputation points
2026-05-20T10:19:43.4933333+00:00

I have tried checking the OWA and New outlook, and I could find all the emails in this shared mailbox as expected. However, when I switch to the Classic Outlook, it shows 7 items (which is correct) at the bottom left, but when I click into the Inbox, I would get to see just 1 email and the other emails would be invisible.

  • I have tried recreating outlook profile(s), but issue persists
  • I have tried unchecking the Download Shared Folders option in the Account settings of the primary email, but issue persists
  • I have tried to run Online repair
  • I have tried recreating a new shared mailbox and then move the data to the new shared mailbox (although I kept the same email address, because the email address is very important in our org), but issue persists
  • I tried opening Outlook is safe mode but still same

Additionally, the mailbox is hosted on Exchange Online, and the version of the outlook is Version 2604 (Build 19929.20172) (Current Channel). All members are affected by this issue on Classic Outlook only and they all have full access permission (including myself). The issue has been going on for like 3 months now.

I am out of ideas at this point. Kindly assist me.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Jayden-P 26,280 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-05-20T11:11:16.3266667+00:00

Please note that we're not Microsoft support, this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators have no backend access and cannot directly intervene in Microsoft products. We provide only technical guidance and best-practice recommendations based on reported issues.

Hi @Opeyemi Owolabi

Thanks for your information.

Could you please go to File > Account Settings > Set the slider to all right to download all previous email.

In your shared mailbox tab, go to Send/Receive > Choose Update folder. Does it show any error message? If yes, please provide it.

User's image

Make sure that Filter is Off. This will rule out the possibility of only email meet a certain condition appears.

User's image

Lastly, if you add your shared mailbox as a full account, does it show email properly?

User's image

If none of the above work, and since this affect many users, I recommend you open a support ticket via Admin Center. The support team will be able to investigate this behavior further.

User's image

I hope this information helps.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Opeyemi Owolabi 20 Reputation points
    2026-05-20T20:05:17.6866667+00:00

    Thank you for following up with me. Adding the sharedmailbox as user account fixed the issue.
    Additionally, I realized that emails marked as “private” are not downloaded by the Outlook client for a delegated shared mailbox.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.