Microsoft Edge planning to remove side bar apps!

Nagaraja I 0 Reputation points
2026-05-19T15:16:32.48+00:00

I recently noticed that Microsoft Edge is removing sidebar apps. https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/edge/streamline-access-to-your-favorite-sites-and-apps-with-sidebar-in-microsoft-edge

I have been using Edge for a long time, and I am very impressed with its accessibility features, which many competing browsers still do not match. I use Edge as my default browser across all my workspaces, including Mac, Android, and Windows.

However, this update is not favorable for me. If possible, please reconsider this decision. There may be many others out there who feel the same way.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lucus-V 13,475 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-05-19T20:13:50.8133333+00:00

    Hi Nagaraja I,

    The sidebar itself and Copilot are not being removed. What is being retired is the “sidebar app list” (also called the App Tower) that showed pinned mini‑apps.

    I understand that this change will cause some inconvenience. I really wish I could assist you directly on this issue. However, the behavior you're experiencing is tied to back‑end systems and service functionality, and unfortunately, we don't have the authority or access required to investigate or make changes at that level.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    Given these limitations, the most appropriate avenue for product changes or feature requests is to Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app or Feedback portal.

    Thank you for your understanding, and I hope that your feedback will be listened.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.