Why is Publisher being discontinued?

Debbie Hays 10 Reputation points
2026-04-27T14:30:46.0666667+00:00

I am very upset that Publisher will no longer be supported or will be used in Microsoft 365. I have used this program for the majority of my work and it upsets me that I will lose all of my past work and have to adjust all my layouts and projects through a program that does not feature what can be accomplished through Publisher. Publisher has a lot of features that Word does not have. It is easier to do layout - adding items and publishing documents through Publisher. If you do not want to include it in the package deal than I would like to see it as an add-on.

PLEASE consider this option!!!

[Moderator note: personal info removed]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | For business

6 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Aaron 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-15T14:01:54.7366667+00:00

    There are other alternatives you can try like Printicorn and InDesign that take .pub files. Printicorn also has a automatic converter to make a lot of Publisher files editable in its format.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.