Managing external identities to enable secure access for partners, customers, and other non-employees
For anyone coming to view this after the fact. I saw a number of people with the issue, but there were few that followed up with the outcome. That's what this is intended to do. The only way to reach Microsoft support is by creating a support ticket. Though there are mentions of calling and chat, I was not able to find a way to access those items, even during business hours. Even with severity A, there is no guarantee of the 24x7 <1 hour turnaround as quoted on the support site. I had the standard support plan, and the first contact was made over 24 hours after the ticket was created and 3 hours into the standard business hours that are listed on the site. Outside of the support site, is no way to reach the support team, so genuinely, all you can do is wait. Once the ticket was picked up, even with reiterating to the support engineer I was assigned about the seriousness of my issue, there was still a request to lower the severity to B to allow them another day to unblock the account. I stayed persistent that this was a critical issue (as it genuinely was), and the block was removed about 3 hours later. This was incredibly stressful, but it did eventually get resolved. I would not recommend this experience to any other user.