Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
It was in the drop-down section of the SENT folder- BIZARRE!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I accidently swiped right on a folder. How do I find it & restore it?
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
It was in the drop-down section of the SENT folder- BIZARRE!
Hi Yvonne Pratt,
Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.
What you’re seeing may look “bizarre” at first, but it usually means the folder was moved (not deleted). In Outlook (including New Outlook), folders are organized in a folder hierarchy (a tree structure), meaning each folder must sit under a parent folder. So if a folder is accidentally dragged/moved to the wrong place, it can become a subfolder under another folder (for example, under Sent Items)—and then it will only appear when you expand the Sent Items drop‑down.
Because the folder wasn’t deleted, it wouldn’t show up under Deleted Items or recovery options like “Recover items deleted from this folder” (those options apply to content that was actually deleted).
I’m glad you were able to find the folder. If anything else comes up, please feel free to let me know.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.
I could not find it in deleted items & I could not find the "Recover items deleted in this folder" or "recoverable items" options as instructed but I DID find it in the SENT folder which was nowhere near where the folder was when I accidently swiped it.
AI answer
In new Outlook for Windows, a right-swipe on a folder typically deletes or moves it, so it can be restored if it is still in Deleted Items.
If the folder is not in Deleted Items, recover its messages (but not the folder itself) from the Recoverable Items area:
Note: A folder that has been permanently deleted cannot be recovered as a folder, but its messages can still be restored using Recoverable Items as above.
References: