Hi, I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.
Follow the first instruction from Q&A Assist you can restart print jobs from the print queue that were paused or with error, when you right click the print job, it shows the "Restart"option.
How to restart or delete one print job in the print queue in Windows 11
In Win 10, the print queue allowed you to delete or restart individual print jobs. In Win 11, I don't see that option. Searching in help, it seems to only offer deleting all print jobs which I don't want to do since I don't know what's stacked up in there. I do see instructions regarding using the Command Prompt, but they seem to be over my head to figure out. One more of MANY frustrations having to spend valuable time relearning something that seems to be changed for no reason with Win 11.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
1 additional answer
Sort by: Newest
-
AI answer
2026-03-16T20:29:13.1266667+00:00 Windows 11 still lets individual print jobs be canceled from the print queue; the options are just in a slightly different place.
Use these steps:
- Select Start > Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners.
- Select the printer in use.
- Select Open print queue.
- In the queue window, right-click the specific print job that needs to be removed.
- Select Cancel to delete just that job.
If a job is stuck and won’t respond to cancel, clear the queue and restart the spooler:
- In Printers & scanners, open the printer’s queue and cancel all jobs as above.
- Press Windows key + R, type
services.msc, and press Enter. - Scroll to Print Spooler, right-click it, and select Restart.
If jobs still won’t clear, manually clear the spool folder:
- Stop Print Spooler (right-click > Stop in
services.msc). - Open File Explorer and go to
C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. - Delete all files in that folder.
- Start Print Spooler again (right-click > Start in
services.msc).
Then try printing again; new jobs will appear individually in the queue where they can be canceled one by one.
References:
AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.