A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Tried the steps suggested by the AI support:
- I was able to sign into OneDrive, Edge, and all the M365 Apps without a problem.
- N.B. My personal M365 account is tied to Windows Hello.
- The problem may be with OneNote's Web clipper usage of Windows Hello not just the Passkey.
- Password is enabled and I changed it to ensure it is the correct password.
- I also noted that the Passwordless Account option was and remains off
- Removed and re-added the Passkey for the account.
- The account has a historical @hotmail.com alias, which may be part of the problem?
- Did this refresh as a part of Step 3.
- Retested OneDrive, M365 Apps, Edge, Chrome, and Brave - successful sign in with Windows Hello and Passkey
- Retested with all browsers OneNote web clipper - No success and NO option to choose between Passkey and any other sign in method
Problem persists after all steps and there is NO option to choose password, passkey, or anything.
- I still cannot successfully sign into the OneNote web clipper with my personal M365 account.