Reset MFA on my account

Kestutis N 0 Reputation points
2026-03-10T13:25:47.7066667+00:00

I am administrator of the tenant. I lost Microsoft Authenticator app and MFA. I am able to change password, but I can’t reset MFA. I can’t login and create a support ticket in Microsoft 365 admin center. I was calling to Business support phone, but it requires to enter 8-digit extension which I don’t know. I need to reset MFA on my account.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Sridevi Machavarapu 33,820 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-03-10T13:35:20.7366667+00:00

Hello Kestutis N,

The issue pertains to a tenant lockout, where no other global admin in the tenant has the necessary permissions to login and make changes in your tenant.

To resolve this, we have engaged our Data Protection team through a support ticket. They will reach out to you via email or phone to help restore access to the tenant and assist in resolving the issue.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kestutis N 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T07:24:44.1066667+00:00

    I am administrator of the tenant. I lost Microsoft Authenticator app and MFA. I am able to change password, but I can’t reset MFA. I can’t login and create a support ticket in Microsoft 365 admin center. I was calling to Business support phone, but it requires to enter 8-digit extension which I don’t know. I need to reset MFA on my account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.