Audio quality suddenly awful in Windows 11

Samuel Valdez 10 Reputation points
2026-03-02T20:24:52.27+00:00

My audio quality was perfectly fine yesterday, but I booted up my computer today and the audio was extremely poor quality, sounding compressed and quiet like it was coming from far away. I have tried reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, uninstalling devices, disabling audio enhancements, checking headphone cables, running troubleshooters, but nothing is fixing the problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Answer recommended by moderator
Samuel Valdez 10 Reputation points
2026-03-16T20:56:23.7633333+00:00

Hey, yeah I managed to fix it. None of the fixes mentioned here worked, but resetting the CMOS on my motherboard by taking out the battery, waiting for 2 minutes, and reinstalling seemed to fix my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.

5 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Solamillo Charity 20,375 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-03-02T20:57:55.5266667+00:00

    Hello there! I'm glad to help you today!

    Are you using a bluetooth headset? May I ask what is the make and model of your computer? If you don't know the make and model or it's a custom, may I ask if you know the make and model of the motherboard?

    Press Windows + R, type msinfo32, and hit Enter.

    In the System Summary section, please provide me the three things below.

    BaseBoard Manufacturer

    BaseBoard Product

    BaseBoard Version

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.