A cloud-based task management app from Microsoft that helps users organize and manage daily tasks across devices.
Hi @Jakob Fredriksson,
Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.
Regarding that Planner’s My Day is updating correctly, but Microsoft To Do (desktop, web, and Outlook integration) is not synchronizing due date changes from Planner or pushing updates back to Planner. I’d like to gather a few more details so we can narrow down the root cause.
- Does this happen to other user in your organization as well?
- Have there been any recent changes to your task setup, such as moving tasks between plans, converting tasks, or using Loop tasks more frequently?
- Are you signed in to To Do with only one work account, or do you have multiple accounts connected?
- At the moment, there is no official Microsoft announcement or service advisory indicating a known issue with Planner, To Do due date synchronization.
To validate this on my side, I performed a test by updating due dates in Planner, and the due date synchronized correctly to To Do in my environment
I created a task with a due date of 16/02/2026. Both To Do and Planner showed the same date
I then updated the due date in the To Do app to 20/06/2026, and the change appeared immediately in Planner as well.
In the meantime, please verify that this setting is enabled in To Do:
Settings → Connected apps → Planner (Ensure the toggle is turned on.)
Or you could try to reset repair the To Do desktop app:
1/Right-click the Windows Start button and go to Installed apps.
2/Locate Microsoft To Do in the list.
3/Click the three dots next to it and select Advanced options.
4/From there, choose Repair to fix the app.
Thank you again for your time and understanding. While my initial response may not resolve the issue immediately, I’d like to gather more details about your situation so I can assist you more effectively.
I really appreciate your patience, and I’m here to help. Looking forward to your response.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread