My hotmail account has been compromised and i cannot send or receive emails

paddy ducey 5 Reputation points
2026-02-11T14:58:10.0033333+00:00

My hotmail account has been compromised and i cannot send or receive emails

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Georgianne Barnett 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-04T21:34:15.2366667+00:00

    I am unable to change my password. My Hotmail account has been compromised as I responded to a fake Microsoft message yesterday. So someone is sending messages to people on my contact list asking for money. And I am not receiving my email currently. I keep going round and round trying to get help and I am going in circles. I just want to change my password and I go from screen to screen...no help. I only have a phone, no computer. Can someone please help!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

  2. Manoel Barros 22,065 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-02-11T15:32:49.3766667+00:00

    Hi! First, you should restore your PC. The hacker could use it to hack into your account again. Go to Settings > System > Recovery > Reset this PC.

    Then you should try to recover your account.

    You can try using the Microsoft Sign-In Assistance Tool. 

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245 

    If you're unable to recover your Account, you'll need to use the Recovery forms. You can try these two forms: 

    https://aka.ms/recovermyaccount 

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/guidance-notes-for-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form-4dd8fef1-33d2-4fbe-9352-66127ab9b50e 

    These are the methods Microsoft provides for account recovery. I have already used the recovery form, and I managed to recover my account after a few days. 

    • You can submit the form multiple times. 
    • Try to remember important personal information. 
    • Look for old emails that may have been sent to friends or family. 
    • Don't give up. The form works if you provide accurate information. If it didn't work like that, anyone could steal your account. 

     

    Was this answer helpful?