I can't change location services

Roy Wurth 40 Reputation points
2026-02-01T05:35:13.63+00:00

I need to activate "Location Services" in WIN11 Pro but it is greyed out.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-02-01T06:07:21.4233333+00:00

Hi, good day!

Are you seeing the error "Some of these settings are managed by your organization"?


If so, please try the method below.

Press Start then search Command Prompt

Right click it then select Run as administrator

Copy and paste each command one at a time then press Enter.

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /f

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /f

reg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate" /f

Please proceed to the next commands in case you receive any errors.

When all commands have been entered. Restart your computer then check if the issue persists.

I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.