I am so frustrated!
I've been using Outlook at work for YEARS (I was email admin for Exchange server for many years), so when I retired, I wanted to continue using the familiar client with my non-work Gmail account. I set everything up and it was working fine - both email and calendar(s). At some point in 2025, I started getting sync errors for the calendar. I tried deleting and re-adding the calendars with no luck. I tried adding a new profile using the SAME email account AND a different Gmail account, but it keeps failing to authenticate (even with the one that's actually working!). I am afraid to delete the working Gmail account and re-add it, because if it continues to fail, I then have no calendar OR email!
I suspect it has something to do with 2FA in Gmail, so I turned off 2FA, but still no luck.
It's a shame, I paid for Office specifically for Outlook and now I can't properly use it. It was bad enough I could ONLY make calendar changes on the Gmail web calendar, then they would replicate to Outlook. If I tried to make changes on the Outlook client, it said I had no permissions.
Any help would be great!