cant verify email

Marshall Beggs 5 Reputation points
2026-01-01T15:30:03.7266667+00:00

Hello,

I am not able to verify my email that I have had for years. It asks me to enter my email of

"ma*****@hotmail.com. When I do it states it will send a code "IF" that email exists and I never get a code. I beyond frustrated dealing with this. I have literally had the same two emails for years. I have wasted so much time trying.

Please advise,
Marshall


Moved from: Exchange Online

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,730 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-01-01T20:55:48.54+00:00

    Hi! Sorry to hear about this. It’s possible you’re entering an email with one letter, number, or special character different from what’s registered on the account (this happens a lot), or even a small keyboard/layout difference can cause it.

    If you’re stuck at the security-code screen, please click “I don’t have this” (or “I don’t have access to these”) and then choose Use a different verification method to pick any other option that’s available (alternate email, phone/SMS, Authenticator app, etc.).

    If none of the listed methods are accessible anymore, the next step is the Microsoft account recovery process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
  2. AI answer

    2026-01-01T15:31:11.1766667+00:00

    It sounds like you're experiencing issues with verifying your email address. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

    1. Check Spam/Junk Folder: Sometimes, verification emails can end up in your spam or junk folder. Make sure to check there for the verification code.
    2. Email Ownership Verification: Ensure that the email address you are trying to verify is indeed the one registered with the service. If you have multiple accounts or email addresses, double-check that you are using the correct one.
    3. Clear Browser Cache: Sometimes, browser issues can prevent emails from being sent. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then attempt the verification process again.
    4. Resend Verification Email: If the service allows, try to resend the verification email. There may be an option to do this on the verification page.
    5. Contact Support: If you still do not receive the verification email after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to customer support for assistance. They may be able to help you verify your email or troubleshoot further.

    If your email is associated with a Microsoft account, you can also check the Microsoft support resources for additional help.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.