A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
I have just seen the attached - the auto refresh is 'greyed out' so how can I get that to be a selection?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I renewed my subscription to Microsoft 365 on or about 4 December 2025 but Excel does not have the facility to auto refresh a pivot table.
From research I understand that this facility was built into 365 between July & November, so why doesn't the software that I have paid for and downloaded include the auto refresh facility?
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
I have just seen the attached - the auto refresh is 'greyed out' so how can I get that to be a selection?
Unfortunately I'm not sure what else to suggest other than pointing you to this Microsoft blog post:
Keep data updated with PivotTable Auto Refresh in Excel
Perhaps something there will be useful, especially in the Tips & Tricks section.