excel auto refresh

Richard 0 Reputation points
2025-12-18T14:06:41.83+00:00

I renewed my subscription to Microsoft 365 on or about 4 December 2025 but Excel does not have the facility to auto refresh a pivot table.

From research I understand that this facility was built into 365 between July & November, so why doesn't the software that I have paid for and downloaded include the auto refresh facility?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | MacOS

7 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.8K Reputation points
    2025-12-18T17:42:49.34+00:00

    Version 16.104 is the correct & latest release which is what my screenshot depicts.. Are you shown as the Belongs to: in the About... dialog or is some business or organization indicated? (Don't disclose that information, though.)

    When did you last restart the Mac? Some new features don't appear after provided by an update until the Mac is restarted. Unfortunately there is no notification to that effect.

    Also, be sure the window is wide enough to fully display the Data group on the PivotTable Analysis tab.

    Note that unless the file is saved in a current file type [e.g., .xlsx] the tools still should be there but is not active.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Richard 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-18T16:49:20.34+00:00

    Thanks. Yes it is what I am looking for and established that the version I have is 16.104 (25121423) which does not seem to be the right version. After I sent thru my original message, I ensured that all updates have been installed. The licence is shown as .... Licence: Microsoft 365 Subscription

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.