Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I cannot send an email. It sits in my outbox and the advice given is not helping. How do I talk to someone?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
not sending emails all of a sudden. how do I get outlook to send email
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I cannot send an email. It sits in my outbox and the advice given is not helping. How do I talk to someone?
Hi David Wolons, I get how frustrating this must be—when Outlook suddenly stops sending emails it can really disrupt your workflow, especially if you rely on it for important communication.
If Outlook stops sending emails start by checking your Send/Receive settings then clear the Outbox cache. You can also refresh mail settings by running outlook.exe /cleanmailtips or /resetfolders remove old credentials in Credential Manager and if all else fails create a new Outlook profile to fix hidden issues.
When Outlook stopped sending emails did you notice any error messages or are the emails just sitting in the Outbox without moving?
Best regards
Lucky Charm
AI answer
If Outlook is not sending emails, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue preventing Outlook from sending emails.