There's a listing to a criminal under my name that is not me, how do I get it removed?

Christine 0 Reputation points
2025-11-27T10:36:11.54+00:00

When you search on Bing for "Christine Sadler Ayr" a listing for a woman called Christine Sadler in Australia who committed a violent crime comes up in my business images. I feel that this is harmful to my business and personal identity as I am not that Christine Sadler, nor have I ever committed a violent crime and that this search result should be removed when someone searches for me. How do I report this ask for it to be removed?

Bing | Bing Search APIs | Bing Custom Search API

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Manas R Mohanty 17,270 Reputation points Moderator
    2025-11-28T09:32:39.11+00:00

    Hi Christine

    Good day. I understand how frustrating it can be to find a search result linked to your name that doesn’t reflect who you are. You can report the misidentification in Bing/Concern

    1. Use Microsoft’s Content Removal Form

    Microsoft provides a form for reporting content that violates privacy or misidentifies you:

    • Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/bing
    • Select Search as the product.
    • Provide:
      • The exact search query (e.g., Christine Sadler Ayr).
        • The URL(s)/Texts of the harmful listing or image.
        • Explain clearly that you are not the person mentioned and that this is damaging your business and personal identity.

    2. Include Supporting Details

    • State that the listing is factually incorrect and creates reputational harm.
    • Attach any proof of your identity (optional but helpful).
    • Mention that the content relates to a different person and is misleading.

    3. Alternative Options

    • If the image or listing originates from a third-party site, contact that site’s administrator to request removal. Bing will often remove the link if the source deletes the content.
    • For EU/UK residents, you can also invoke GDPR “Right to be Forgotten” via the same form.

    Thank you.



    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.