Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
After losing power several times, now when I try to use EDGE to visit https://bing.com it says: "Your connection isn't Private" and that is true of any https link I try to visit from any browser. How do I fix it?
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Welcome Mark Bolzern,
Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum. I am sorry to hear about your issue when you get a message " your connection isn't private" after several losing power.
The "Your connection isn't private" error across all browsers after power losses typically stems from corrupted system time, damaged SSL certificate cache, or network glitches on Windows.
You can try some these steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
Option 1: Restart Cryptographic Services
Option 2: Clear SSL Cache
Option 3: Check and Update Root Certificates
Option 4: Repair System Files and Reset TCP/IP
sfc /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
netsh int ip reset
netsh advfirewall reset
Option 5: In-Place upgrade
I really hope that the information I gave above was helpful to you. Please feel free to reply below and let me know if you have further concern on this matter.
P/S: If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.
AI answer
To fix the "Your connection isn't private" error in Microsoft Edge (or any browser), you can try the following steps:
If none of these steps work, you may need to check your network connection or contact your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more