Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
With Windows Edge open, I click the Home button or a New Tab (+) and the page displays with the loading cycle animation. This loading can go on for minutes until the new tab loads
I tried simply typing edge://newtab in the address field and get the same result.
This is happening in the latest beta version of Edge, Version 143.0.3650.19 (Official build) beta (64-bit).
I've tried clearing cache and disabling all add-ons. Clearing the cache seems to fix the problem one time and then it goes back to the long loading delay.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Hi Richard, thanks for the details. To start, is your Edge profile linked to a Microsoft account or is it local?
I recommend checking if the issue happens in a new Edge profile, keeping Edge updated, and disabling extensions while testing. If a new profile loads the Home page and New Tab quickly, your current profile may be corrupted and might need a reset. You can follow Microsoft’s instructions to reset your profile or reinstall Edge without losing important data.