Please take note, every time I change desktops, the background option changes to picture, from slideshow.
Desktop background slideshow
How do I keep my background set to slideshow and not change back to picture after I change desktop
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Desktop
2 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Francisco Montilla 30,725 Reputation points Independent Advisor2025-11-06T18:54:00.96+00:00 Hi Craig,
In Windows 11 each virtual desktop keeps its own background mode, so if
Desktop 1is set to Slideshow andDesktop 2is set to Picture, switching toDesktop 2will make Background show Picture.The fix is to set Slideshow once on every desktop you use. Press
Win+Tabto open Task View, click a desktop thumbnail to switch to it, then open Settings > Personalization > Background and set Background toSlideshow, pick your folder, set Change picture every and turn on Shuffle if you want. Repeat those same steps after switching to each of your other desktops. Once every desktop is configured, switching desktops will no longer flip you back to Picture.A little trick: When you create a new desktop, create it while you are on a desktop that already uses Slideshow, so the new one inherits that setting.